Auto Restoration from Sheppard Automotive and Restoration…your auto restoration experts!
From total to partial restorations, we offer the experience and professionals to do the job beyond your expectations!
Often asked if we can provide a ballpark cost to build a project? There are many questions that need answering on a restoration project, such as:
- How many rust spots?
- How many parts need to be replaced?
- How much time will it take to locate and purchase each part?
- What will the quality level of the parts be that are available such as used, repro or new or old stock?
- If reproduction parts are available how much work will they take to satisfy our quality requirements?
- How long will it take to build or fabricate those parts that are not available?
We invite you to view our Restoration photos and videos below!
Complete rebuild, 4.11 Positraction, new bumpers, carb and valve rebuild, plush interior
1984 Chevy 1 Ton Extended Cab
Complete pain and body work, Retrofit 5.9 Cummins Diesel, Vintage Air, Power Steering and more!
Complete restoration, 427 conversion, transmission rebuild, rear end rebuild, complete interior replacement, new front and rear suspension
We restore all makes and models!
1962 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Complete Restoration. New interior, tilt wheel, bucket seats, disc brakes, vintage air, 383 Chevy Overdrive Transmission, Hooker Headers and more!
1972 Chevy C-10 Pickup
Complete Restoration-all original down to the bolts! Body and Frame restoration, front and rear suspension, Disc Brakes, New 350 cu. Engine, 350 Transmission, Power Steering and more!
Complete Body Restoration, Disc Brakes, A/C Conversion, Engine and Transmission rebuild, new Dash Steering Column and more!
By The Hour Build
Because of these unknown factors, we build projects with a by the hour billing on all labor, including the shop materials used on your project. In addition, we always seek our client’s approval as their project is being built with addendums on any changes from original equipment.
Until a vehicle is completely disassembled we are not able to write a comprehensive plan for the project.
Once the Project is disassembled and stripped of all paint and under coatings, we develop a comprehensive plan on the project, in keeping with the customer’s desires.
A successful project plan will focus on three areas: written work plan, comprehensive tracking system and follow-up system.
POLICY & PAYMENT INFORMATION FOR MAJOR RESTORATIONS
CHARGES & FEES
- Shop labor rate is $75 per hour. Body and Paint Labor $45 per hour.
- Sublet labor and services are charged to the customer at cost plus 25%
- Vehicle Storage is $225 per vehicle, per month.
BILLING & PAYMENT
- Billing is done on a bi-weekly or monthly basis for all parts, labor and services rendered.
- An invoice listing all fees and cost incurred for services rendered will be e-mailed depending on the billing cycle we establish when your project has started. Photographs will be included to reflect progress and problem areas of the car and its components. We will be taking hundreds of photos throughout the project. At the end of the build you will receive a CD-ROM with all digital images on it.
- Invoices should be paid within 5 (five) business days. In most cases, by the time you receive your invoice, we have already purchased your parts and paid employees for labor out of pocket. This is why we request prompt payment.
- Invoices not paid by the billing date will result in a work stoppage until paid. Sheppard Automotive reserves the right to refuse to continue working on any car with repeated payment delays or problems. If the invoice is not paid within five days, the customer will have 31 days from missed payment until storage fees are initiated. Storage fees are $225 per vehicle, per month.
- Invoices may be paid in US funds by personal check, certified funds, wire transfers, or Credit Cards plus credit charge
- Texas sales tax of 8.25% must be collected for all parts that are invoiced during the restoration unless the customer is the valid holder of a state resale license. A copy of the current license must be furnished at the beginning of the job for sales tax to be waived.
ESTIMATES OF RESTORATION
- It is impossible to estimate the exact cost of a restoration at the beginning or during a project. A general approximate figure can be given based on previous jobs that were similar. This is by no means a final price and is subject to change depending on the needs of the project and customer’s change order requests. Restorations are performed as economical as possible without compromising the finished quality that we so proudly stand behind.
- Each customer provides their own insurance to cover the market value of the car. Proof of that insurance needs to be supplied at the time a car is delivered to our facility.
- If you do not have insurance, please contact us and we will refer you to our recommended insurance companies.
Need to Ship Your Car?
Sheppard Automotive works with their clients to find the best, affordable transportation and has worked with several companies that have proven track records of providing quality transportation alternatives to get your vehicle there to here from.